Sunday, April 11, 2010

Surprise cake


This is a cake I made for my friend Preeti-Pramodh on their 10th yr anniversary and it was a surprise, that's why I called it a surprise cake. It was a Vegan Marble cake with Butter cream Icing. I used store bought cake mix but substituted egg with Ener-G egg replacer and water with Applesauce and it was a very dense and moist cake.
The inspiration/idea for this cake was from Dhanya's collection.Thanks to her, I know I couldn't make it as professional as her. But I was happy that I tried and I loved it.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, looks so good, love the flower deco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear soumya
    Nice cake yarr..
    some awards are waiting for u at my blog..Please stop by to collect them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thats a lovely cake there.. Looks yummy :) ... Iam sure would have tasted yummy too ...

    Good hand work there Soumya, Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Soumya,
    Cake looks very nice,You did a pretty good job with the roses.I am so glad to hear that my designs inspires you. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soumya, that's a great cake. Your friends are really lucky. I'm also thrilled to know that EnerG works well in store bought cake mixes. I have to try it once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who better to comment on this than me :) Soumya thank you so much for a wonferful surprise and this cake was not only beautiful to look at but the taste was amazing. It was smooth, absolutely fluffy and divine in taste. Pramod and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts :) Thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks dhanya,Madhuram & Preeti...
    @Madhuram yes it turned out gr8 as this was my 1st experiment on store bought cake mix.

    @Preeti, you're most welcome. It was my pleasure I could do something on your special occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so nice of you to make it for friends. Nice job for someone who hasn't taken classes.

    ReplyDelete

Its so nice of you to take time and leave a note for me, i appreciate it.I hope u have a wonderful day!

Foodbuzz