Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Home made Cream


Heavy cream is something so easy that you can make it at home just before a dish which demands. I learn't this trick from a cookery class I attended few yrs back and always do that at home. So here is the simple recipe, you can make fat free or full fat cream. Choice is yours. Here I have made low fat Cream.

Ingredients:

1/4cup Cream from the 2%Milk(When you boil the milk and cool it for the yogurt or anything else, start collecting the cream on top of the milk in a small box)
1-2tbsp 2% Milk
Method:

Put the cream and milk in a blender or Food processor and blend it well for 1-2 mins till its foamy and thick. Store it in an airtight container and use within 2-3 days. Or make fresh every time.

12 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for sharing this home made cream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried making at home,thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the recipe...you have a nice collection here...will be back to check out more:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea dear...Tnx for sahring this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm simple and home made ... what not to like. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. first time here..thnks for sharing this recipe..good idea and very simple recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..that seems pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Prani and Dhanya. My good friend Suman left this msg for me. But would like to save it here.
    Hey Soumya,
    No words to Thank you. I was always wondering how to make cream at home, the other day I was making some dish and was like aayoo 1 spoon cream where will I find looked up online cud not find. You have solved my big problem of making cream.
    Cannot thank you enough.

    Thanks kane...Cheers
    Suman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thats a great tip! Can i use this cream for cakes also?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all...@Parita, u mean like whipping cream? I havent tried doing it. Will try next time and see if it works and will leave u a personal msg.

    ReplyDelete

Its so nice of you to take time and leave a note for me, i appreciate it.I hope u have a wonderful day!

Foodbuzz