Potato Bun is one of the popular Bakery item sold in the Bangalore bakeries.It's an afternoon or in between meal snack.I tried a semi- home made version of this, its easy and quick and u can make it any time if the the potato stuffing is ready.
1 pack Pillsbury Cresent/Dinner Rolls[ u can find this in the cookie section in any US grocery stores]
1 Small Onion
2-3 Green chillies
1 tsp Oil
1-2 Curry leaves(optional)
salt to taste
Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish
- First boil the potatoes for 5-6 mins / till they r soft and peel the skin and mash it and keep aside.
- Then take a pan and add 1 tsp oil and heat it, add mustard seeds and wait till it cracks then add onion, chopped green chillies and Potatoes boiled and mashed.
- Add salt to taste and mix .
- Garnish chopped coriander leaves.
- Cool it and divide into 6 balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350* F .
- (Once the stuffing is cooled) Take the pillsbury Dinner rolls from fridge open and seperate them.
- Roll a little with all purpose flour(about 2-3 inches in diameter)and put the stuffing inside and close it as u do it for paratas(ball shaped).U can apply a little water on the edges after to lock the edges,so it holds tight and dosent open up when baking.
- Place them on the baking tray and bake them on for 5-7 mins(till it turns goledn brown) or as the instructions on the pillsbury package say.
- Serve warm with tomato sauce.